Monday 30 September 2013

A wonderful weekend of food styling, photography and cooking. And very lovely people.

This weekend I got to play. The wonderful West Coast Events invited me to deliver some food photography/styling and cookery workshops at their Autumn Food and Home Fair. Housed in the old manse (Bishopton House) in Lochgilphead, my space had been styled by the truly fabulous Sara Qualter of West Coast Living. A huge dresser (which I ended up buying - oops), marble tables, the most amazing Autumn greenery and berries, and an enormous kitchen table onto which I was able to lay out and play with almost every vintage food styling prop that I possess. I was also able to make pastries and jellies for peoples interested in savouring the still truly beautiful Autumn that we are lucky enough to be enjoying this year.

I also got to stay with old friends, make some new ones and forge a few interesting prospective collaborations which I am really really looking forward to explore. Autumn for me is partly about getting set for the year to come - shaking off the dead wood and planting new shoots for the future. There was all of that and then some thanks to some very creative people working together to make loveliness. Fun with bells on.