Thursday 5 July 2012

A thankyou from Vermont!

When I say that I am very very lucky to do what I do, I really really mean it!!

 

'Carole was wonderful to work with from the very start. I am Scottish and my husband is American and we planned the wedding from Vermont where we currently live. My first encounter with Carole was early one morning when my phone rang and Carole was on the other end sounding very excited about my enquiry. From then on she was great at keeping in touch through email and helping with a lot of the details of planning our wedding. 

The food at the wedding could not have been better. Carole is extremely professional and enthusiastic about her work and it really shows in the delicious dishes she creates, all using wonderful local Scottish ingredients. So many guests at the wedding commented on how good the food was and we thoroughly enjoyed every course. Half of our guests were from the U.S. and Carole's beautiful starting platters of local Scottish meats and seafood were the perfect way for even the most unadventurous guests to try some things that they would have been too nervous to order from a menu (e.g. black pudding). 

Carole is warm and friendly and lovely to work with, and I would trust her and recommend her highly to provide you with wonderful food that shows Scotland at it's very best. 

Thank you Carole for being such a big part of making our wedding day perfect. '

 


'I would also like to mention Carole's lovely daughter Kirsty (of the Hidden Lane Tearoom in Glasgow) who made our wedding cakes. The cakes were not traditional, which we loved, and they tasted amazing. She also managed to incorporate my husbands homemade stout and some maple syrup we brought over from Vermont into the cakes, which gave them a lovely personal touch. Carole did an excellent job of displaying the cakes for us with fruit and flowers, which made for some beautiful photos of the cutting of the cake. ' 
 
 
Posted by Picasa